Powercash21 is a fast-growing international fintech company enabling online merchants to accept payments globally through innovative solutions. Since 2011, we have grown into a dynamic team of great people with the core company values at heart, driving merchants’ business success through payments.
About the Risk Analyst job:
This role is focused on credit card processing risk-related issues for Powercash21. The ideal candidate will be able to approach and understand complex problems in a structured manner while converting the results into a compelling and actionable story for internal or external stakeholders. This role will be at the forefront of the company’s fraud prevention efforts working effectively to identify anomalies, prioritize initiatives, and develop scalable solutions.
As part of this role, the ideal candidate will also be challenged with facilitating the company’s growth by scaling internal processes and focusing on continuous optimization and automation.
- Handle risk related queries of prospective and existing merchants.
- Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new fraud prevention strategies.
- Reviewing and monitoring Fraud sand Chargeback levels as per Card Scheme regulations and internal accepted levels and provide proactive notifications to the wider Risk team, Management, merchants, and other stakeholders.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities and ensure confidentiality of all information collected from tools.
- Analyze and monitor transactions to discover anomalies and suspicious activity to prevent fraud and chargebacks
- Review transactional pattern that does not fit the expected merchant activity and perform investigation to ensure compliance with Card Scheme regulations, internal policy and procedure.
- Generate reports and insights regarding fraud and merchants’ activity;
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize transactions monitoring process;
- Provide support for periodical and ad-hoc reviews and audits;
- Continuous process improvement and sharing best practices.
- On call duties to cover the monitoring function on the Antifraud system with the aim of testing new features, effectiveness of the changes, new releases etc.
- Daily risk checks to conduct risk assessments and ensure that merchant risk is managed and under control.
- Coordinating and translate into action day-to-day work with the policies of Powercash21
Main qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Prior experience working in the payments industry
- Ability to anticipate problems, opportunities, and the initiative to pursue solutions
- Understanding of Card Scheme (Visa, Mastercard) rules/regulations and internal procedures that affect risk, fraud and dispute processing and ability to clarify them to internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience
- Excellent investigation skills
- Detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Able to work in an independent way, while at the same time to be a strong collaborator, connecting with colleagues and sharing ideas to improve effective teamwork
- Take initiative, ownership and committed to challenge the status quo
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift quickly
- Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues and ability to escalation when appropriate
- High level of self-motivation to define structure and prioritize workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- English fluency required – additional languages are a plus
- Prior experience working with antifraud systems
- Passion for managing data
The Risk Analyst will be based in our offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
Join the Powercash21 Team Now!
We offer a competitive remuneration package and great career opportunities within a well-established European Fintech company. Become part of a vibrant, professional and multicultural team and take your career to the next level.
If this role seems like a good match, please submit your resume and cover letter here.