WooCommerce Payment Gateway Integration | Powercash21
The WooCommerce payment gateway is a wordpress plugin that caters to online merchants looking to streamline payments. This then allows customers to pay for goods and services using a payment system like that offered by Powercash21.
A guide to WooCommerce payment gateway integration
WooCommerce is a highly customizable eCommerce platform on which merchants, whether big or small, can build their online business. WooCommerce is an open source plugin that integrates seamlessly with a Wordpress (WP) website, allowing it to transform into a fully operational e-commerce website within minutes.
WooCommerce was launched in 2011 and by the time it was acquired by Automattic (owners of WordPress) in 2015, it was powering over 30% of all online stores. Today, WooCommerce powers in excess of 99% of WP e-commerce sites in the US, UK and Canada and has been downloaded over 27,000,000 times.
How do you install it?
Installing WooCommerce is simple and straightforward. Owners of WordPress websites need to simply ensure they have the server requirements outlined by WooCommerce and then proceed by selecting the install and setup wizard which can be found in the plugins section, adding and activating it. Setup following installation is just as straightforward - the setup wizard eases you through configuration to ensure your site is up and running in no time at all. The setup wizard highlights the most important options so that you don't miss out on any important functions or options.
What cart extensions are provided?
A visit to the WooCommerce official marketplace, provides merchants with access to hundreds of free and paid WooCommerce extensions and plugin options that WP websites owners can choose to customize their eCommerce stores with.
WooCommerce Payment Gateways - Thanks to WooCommerce, you can establish a wordpress payment gateway that makes customer payments smooth and secure. The best payment gateway for woocommerce plugins enable WordPress websites to accept Visa, Mastercard and other payments in a variety of local payment methods by connecting them to payment gateways, such as that of Powercash21, simplifying the integration process.
WooCommerce Checkout Add-Ons – If your shop needs to offer services/products only at check out, you can utilize the checkout add-ons to charge for add-on items such as gift wrapping or rush fulfillment.
WooCommerce Shipping – For ecommerce merchants selling physical goods, Woocommerce offers solutions like multiple shipping options, label printing, live rates from shipping carriers, inventory and fulfilment solutions.
Geo-location - You can turn on Geo-location and auto tax so that your shop will list the right prices based on the region where they are located. With automatic tax calculation features, retailers have the option to calculate taxes based on customers’ shipping or billing address, or based on their shop’s address automatically.
WooCommerce Subscriptions – If recurring billing is part of your strategy or you offer subscription-based products, you can use the woocommerce subscriptions plug in, which is integrated to a wordpress payment gateway like Powercash21, to set up automatic billing for a variety of billing schedules. The plugin also offers the possibility to add features such as sign-up fees, free trials or set expiration periods.
Why use WooCommerce payments gateways
By integrating a WooCommerce payment gateway into your e-commerce store, you’ll be able to effectively deliver your customers with a satisfying experience. With Powercash21 now available via WooCommerce you’ll be able to succeed where you never thought possible. The remainder of this guide will inform you about various segments of the Powercash21 payment gateway integration.
Setting up WooCommerce payment options
One of the most important functions that need to be set up for your wordpress online store is the checkout process. The checkout process will be followed by your customers to complete their purchase on your website and needs to offer a smooth user experience that will flow seamlessly, prevent cart abandonment and complete the order.
1.Checkout Process Initiation – you can initiate your Woocommerce checkout process setup by visiting your WooCommerce back office and selecting the Checkout tab. Whilst the generic Woocommerce checkout process is designed for a smooth user experience, it can still be optimized with add-ons depending on the industry or products sold.
2. Sales Coupons – If you utilize offers and coupons as part of your marketing strategy, you can enable the use of coupons through the Checkout tab at WooCommerce, which allows you to select the type of coupon (for example cart discount, product discount, free shipping), as well as operational aspects of offering coupons such as generating unique coupon numbers, setting coupon expiry dates, setting usage restrictions and limits and even publishing and sending the coupons to your customers.
3. Fine-Tuning – you can then try to make the checkout process even friendlier by enabling the guest checkout option, which allows customers to checkout without creating an account on your website. Though guest checkout allows for a quick sale and increased conversions, it also has some drawbacks. Since guest checkout does not save any customer information to your database, and only applies the information to one order, it does not provide some of the advantages of account checkout such as the ability to easily reorder products, or to leverage customer behaviour intelligence for marketing purposes, and even makes customer service much more difficult. But WooCommerce allows you the flexibility to select based on your business model.
4. Adding T&C page – through your WooCommerce control center you are also able to integrate a terms and conditions page to the checkout flow.
5. Payment Gateway Implementation – once your checkout flow is set up then you have a very important decision to make, that of selecting the best payment gateway for woocommerce stores. Some of the features you should consider include:
The security standards the gateway adheres to
- The variety of payment methods readily available for WooCommerce websites
- Risk management tools readily integrated, such as Strong Customer Authentication
- Payment functionalities supported such as recurring payments.
- Powercash21 WooCommerce plugin offers a well-rounded payment solution that covers all the needs of online merchants.
6. Setting up various methods of payments within the Powercash21 gateway
Depending on the geographic focus of your website, you must select a gateway that offers diversity, supported by WooCommerce payment methods. Powercash21 supports the most popular global payment methods to support any localization strategy.
Choosing the right payment gateway
Choosing a payment gateway to power payments on your WordPress website requires careful consideration.
What to consider when choosing a WooCommerce payment gateway
These are the elements you need to ensure the best WooCommerce payment gateways provide:
- A variety of payment methods: Powercash21 offers Visa, Mastercard as well as other local payment methods, including Sofort, ideal, WeChat, Qiwi and many more, that allow you to reach global customers with local payment solutions.
- PCI Compliance: rest assured that your checkout flow adheres by the highest security standards. Powercash21 offers a PCI Level I certified gateway, ensuring the integrity of your customers’ payment details.
- Superior Fraud Protection: Powercash21 payment gateway supports a number of risk management and fraud protection tools. Such tools include Strong Customer Authentication (3DS 2.O), a standard which soon will be a requirement for any transactions within the European Economic Area.
- Intelligent reporting: manage your payment reconciliations and build your strategy with real-time transaction reporting and Merchant Business Intelligence Reports easily generated by Powercash21’s control panel.
- Daily settlements: enjoy uninterrupted cash flow by partnering with Powercash21 who supports daily settlements to your merchant account.
- Recurring Payments: Powercash21 offers the capability to support subscription-based online businesses using WooCommerce.
How to get started with the Powercash21 WooCommerce
The Powercash21 WooCommerce plugin, powered by its PCI Level I gateway, Powerpay21, offers a 360-degree payment solution covering your shopping cart checkout needs. The Powercash21 WooCommerce plugin lets you integrate your WordPress site in a few easy clicks:
- You must have a WordPress site with the WooCommerce plugin installed.
- You must have access to the Admin account on the WordPress site.
1. Click to download the plugin zip from the link below and save on your local file system.
3. Login to the Admin panel of your WordPress site
4. Navigate to Plugins > Add New
5. Select the zip file from your local filesystem.
6. Click the Install Now button.
7. When installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully.” Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page.
1. Navigate to the WooCommerce Settings page
2. From the Payments Tab choose all the payment channels from Powerpay21 that you want to activate
3. Click on Manage on the individual payment channels and either enable Test Mode to test the payment channel or remove the checkbox and enter the live credentials that you received from our tech support team for Live transactions
4. Please also copy the Webhook Endpoint URL and send it to our tech support team so that your transaction statuses are automatically updated by the payment gateway
The Powerpay21 plugin also works well with Booster Tools like “Gateways by Country, State or Postcode” that can further improve the customer payment experience by only showing payment channels relevant to their area.
Alternatively, contact our team, and a dedicated account manager will walk you through the smooth launch of your payment function. For more details visit our e-commerce platform integrations page and take advantage of the Powercash21 WooCommerce payment gateway integration today!